In this course, you will learn the basic Slack terminology and operations as well as its unique benefits as a collaboration tool. We will cover how to get started with the Slack experience, and how Slack can transform your work life.
Topics covered in this class include:
- Understand how Slack addresses some of the challenges of today's workspace
- Recognize the key benefits of Slack as a collaborative tool, especially in comparison to Jabber and Email
- Comprehend the basic terminology of Slack: workspace, channel, direct message.
- Know three different ways to use Slack and their pros and cons
- Gather information by exploring channels on Slack
- Engage and communicate with people in channels and direct messages
- Contribute knowledge in Slack through a variety of ways
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.