Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course is an introduction to object-oriented programming and design, using the Java programming language.
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of Programming or at least one year of programming experience
At the completion of the course, the students/participants will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Describe the differences between traditional programming and object-oriented programming
- Explain concepts related to fundamentals of object-oriented programming, including classes, objects, methods, inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, etc.
- Develop and analyze programs to address a specified problem
- Reviewing the fundamentals of Programming
- Objects and Classes
- Object-Oriented Thinking
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Abstract Classes and Interfaces
- GUI Basics
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.