Most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
This course will dive into the creation and management of Excel charts to transform data into visual elements. It will address the basic concepts and terminology, editing capabilities, and working with the formatting panel.
This is the third session of the Stanford University Technology Training Excel Proficiency Certificate program. The program includes four half-day training sessions and a final exam challenge. In order to obtain your certificate of completion, you must attend at least three of the four sessions and successfully pass the final exam challenge.
Note: It is not required to take the final exam challenge if you are just interested in the training session.
Excel Bootcamp Series: Basics, or equivalent experience.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the terminology, concepts, and types of Excel charts
- Create, edit, and manage charts using data series
- Apply style and formatting techniques using the formatting panel
This session focuses on:
- Creating and managing Excel charts
- Basic concepts and terminology
- Adding, removing, and transforming chart elements:
- Chart title, Data series, Legend, Data labels, Axis titles
- Chart types and subtypes
- Working with data series
- Using the select-data tool
- Format and style
- How to work with the formatting panel