Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn best practices of using Google Drive and Shared drives at Stanford to facilitate collaboration within your group, and have a central location for all documentation.
Key topics covered:
- Google Drive and Shared drives
- Logging in -- the basics
- Uploading and managing files and folders
- Managing permissions with files and folders to assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Collaborating with documents
- Assigning tasks within documents
- Best security practices
- Tips and tricks on using Google File Stream for your desktop
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity
What you will be able to do as a result:
- Create, upload, download, and export documents
- Manage permissions of files and folders
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Collaborate more efficiently with others in your group
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.