Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Do you want to create a prototype for your app idea? This six-hour course will guide participants in designing an App with modeled actions and links, using Adobe Xd and App architecture for applying design principles.
During this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to design an App prototype
- Gain familiarity with basic design concepts
- Apply graphic design principles with step-by-step instructions in Adobe Xd
Design Concepts to be covered:
- Design process: research/brainstorming/sketching, comps, design
- Elements of Graphic Design: form, contrast, color, balance, proportion/scale
- Typographic composition: size, scale, weights, placement
- Font selection: serif, sans-serif, subject, theme, emotion
- Adobe Xd, Photoshop and Illustrator: step-by-step learning to create the designs
- Technical: file-preparation, mobile, online
Note: The class will also include related Photoshop instruction for working with images and Illustrator to create specific graphic elements to support your design solution.
- Brief History of effective App design
- Elements of Graphic Design
- Principles of Typography: best practices, leading, kerning
- Adobe Xd, Photoshop and Illustrator: setting up documents, type tool, using layers, color modes and swatches, working with images, file organization, file preparation for mobile and posting online
- An installation of Adobe XD, or a free trial license
- An installation of Adobe Photoshop (Recommended), or a free trial license
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.