Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course provides you the opportunity to prepare for certification as a Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) by Scrum.org. In this experiential course, you will learn Scrum by doing Scrum.
- After this course, you will have the opportunity to gain clarity on the following:
- The power of self-organization
- Estimation and story sizing techniques
- Sprint planning & Release planning
- Using retrospectives to improve continuously
- How to conduct brief and effective stand-ups
- How to maximize the business value delivered
- Roles and responsibilities on a Scrum team, including Scrum Master and product owner roles
- The product backlog: user stories, prioritization, and backlog grooming
- Creating and applying a 'definition of done'
- Working with agile requirements, specifications, and documentation
- Agile metrics and tracking tools such as task boards and burn charts
- Agile Way of Thinking
- Other Agile Frameworks
- Scrum Events and Artifacts
- Scrum Roles
- Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring
- Agile on Complex Projects
- Adopting Agile
- Agile Adoption guidance to Individuals
- Guidance on preparation for certification as a Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) by Scrum.org
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.