Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
The Product Owner acts as the bridge between company strategy and the Scrum team and yet, may vary greatly from organization to organization. This session will will provide an overview of the types of Product Owners and traits of a great Product Owner.
The purpose of this class is to provide an overview of the Product Owner accountability in Scrum. The Product Owner acts as the bridge between company strategy and the Scrum team and yet, how this is done varies greatly from organization to organization. In some organizations, the Product Owner has budget authority, and in some, the entire Scrum team reports to the Product Owner. The class will conclude with an overview of the "tools of the trade" for Product Owners. This is an interactive session, so please come prepared to engage in meaningful discussion.
Prerequisites: Review Scrum Guide at https://scrumguides.org/
- Understand the Product Owner's role on a Scrum team
- Understand the Product Owner as the bridge between Company strategy and the Scrum team
- Understand the common types of Product Owners
- Understand some of the tools of the trade for Product Owner (vision, Product Goal and Product Backlog)
- Scrum in a minute
- The Product Owner and the organization
- Accountabilities of a Product Owner
- Types of Product Owners
- Characteristics of a great Product Owner
- Tools of the trade: Product Vision, Product Goal, Product Backlog
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.