Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
You've learned the Adobe Illustrator basics, design fundamentals, and are confident with the tools and menus. Now you're ready to create designs like a pro. You'll customize effects, gradients, patterns, and brushes, and delve deeper into 3D.
- Layer Effect options for cool results beyond default settings
- Push the limits of the Gradient Tool for brilliant graphics
- Experiment with all the Symbol tools
- Create custom graphic styles and patterns to add texture to your design
- Learn a simple approach to working with Illustrator's 3D and Materials panel
- Create a zine feature title spread
- Demonstrate your understanding of the course topics by passing the learning assessment
You've know Adobe Illustrator basics, design fundamentals, and are confident with the tools and menus. Now you're ready to create designs like a pro. You'll customize effects, gradients, patterns, and brushes, and delve deeper into 3D. You'll also learn the best practices for outputting your files.
- Customizing Adobe Illustrator's effects
- Creating more complex gradients and patterns
- More sophisticated options in the Brushes panel to add incredible texture to your creations
- A complete overview of 3D and Materials
This is the sixth session of the Stanford University Technology Graphics Learning learning path proficiency certification. This learning path includes six sessions and a final exam challenge. In order to obtain your certificate of completion, you must attend at least three of the sessions in the learning path and successfully pass the final exam challenge
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Order the steps for file output, both print and digital
- Revise a banal background using advanced gradient settings
- Refine Illustrator's Effect options to customize your design
- Adapt a strategy for adding custom patterns to incorporate texture into your work
- Test custom brushes for depth and movement into your background
- Create a good headline and supporting objects with Illustrator's 3D Tool
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.