Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This workshop will help you discover the power of animation! Using beginning Photoshop layers and functions, you can transform images into compelling animations and even create NFTs.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
In this course, participants will have the opportunity to learn how to create animations using Adobe Photoshop and put their new skills to use with an in-class activity. Using Photoshop's layers and animation functions, participants can discover the joys of having a their own personal animation studio.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the basic principles of digital animation and build fundamental animation proficiency using Adobe Photoshop
- Gain knowledge and basic proficiency in the key animation skills
- Inject creativity into their movement-based storytelling
- Apply their new knowledge to create an animated sequence, which will involve combining different camera movements and framings
- Brief History of Animation and Key Concepts & Terms
- Fundamentals of Animation: framing, movement, visual storytelling
- Using Photoshop as an animation studio
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.