Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course covers techniques how to create an impactful and eye-catching flyer using Adobe InDesign, and to get your message across successfully. Apply design best practices to create a flyer from concept to completion.
Do you need to post important information for your team, but you don't want it to get lost in a sea of flyers? Or, do you need to post info for an event or announcement online, but don't want to get lost in the scroll?
In this class, learn best practices on using scale, color and images to guide the viewer through the information. We will also cover how to edit the info for the clearest message, and find image and graphic resources. You will have the opportunity to make a flyer from beginning to end, and learn file management for both print and digital output.
During the course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn basic to intermediate Adobe InDesign skills, layout techniques and skills, including typography fundamentals.
- Create a flyer from concept to completion, and will learn the best workflow for this process
- Develop an understanding of information hierarchy, proportion and emphasis, and design principles
- Learn about file management and the best process for printing
- Adobe InDesign basic and intermediate capabilities
- Design elements and principles
- Information hierarchy and design workflow
- Basic typography
- Software terminology
- File management and print process
Requirement: Computer with Adobe InDesign installed, or a free trial license
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.