Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This workshop will present fresh and easy techniques for creating engaging visual graphics. Topics covered include choosing the best font for a message, pairing text and imagery, and the power of color to influence emotion.
Requirements: Computer with Adobe Illustrator installed
By the end of this class, you would have had the opportunity to better understand how each part of a visual graphic communicates - from font to imagery to color. You will use this knowledge to create a series of template graphics in Adobe Illustrator that you can then customize for various communication settings.
- Understand basic principles of human perception that lead to effective messaging
- Understand the visual power of type and use the type tool to explore various messaging options
- Use color and imagery in strategic ways to support communication
- An overview of human visual perception
- The power of fonts and type communication
- The power of color and image communication
- Working with text, color, and imagery in Illustrator
- Guided practice time
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.