Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
In this session you will have the opportunity to learn how to customize Illustrator's effects, create complex gradients and patterns, get an overview of 3D and Materials, and more.
- Customize Effect options in your illustration for results beyond default settings
- Learn more advanced uses of gradients to add dimension to your piece
- Experiment with all the Symbol tools
- Create custom patterns and graphic styles for more visually interesting elements
- Learn a frustration-free approach to working with Illustrator's 3D and Materials panel
- Illustrate the artwork for an album cover based on a dream
Once you have a good grasp of illustration tools and fundamentals, you're ready to blow your skills out of the water with these advanced techniques. We'll cover:
- Customizing Adobe Illustrator's effects
- Creating more complex gradients and patterns
- More sophisticated options in the Brushes panel to add incredible texture to your creations
- A complete overview of 3D and Materials
- Your creation will jump off the screen (and potentially printed masterpiece)
Should I Take This Course?
This course is designed for illustrators who would like to add rich texture and dimension to their work, and who'd like to gain a deeper understanding of effects. You are ready for this course if you:
- Are comfortable using the Paintbrush Tool
- Know how to use the Perspective Grid Tool and Mesh Tool
- Know how to access and create libraries and groups
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- State strategies for file output, both print and digital
- Paraphrase a frustration-free approach to working with Illustrator's 3D Tool
- Discover each of Illustrator's Effect options and customize elements of your illustration
- Connect more advanced applications of the Gradient Tool to add dimension to your objects
- Refine brushes to add detail and depth to a background setting
- Develop custom patterns to texturize your drawing
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.