Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
In this beginning-level course, you will learn how to hit the ground running in Adobe Illustrator, including best practices for creating and setting up a document, selecting and navigating Illustrator, and creating a time-saving library.
Course Prerequisites: None
In this beginning-level course, you will learn how to hit the ground running in Adobe Illustrator. We will cover:
- The ins and outs of document setup
- Selection tools and how to use them
- How to navigate through the interface and customize it for your project needs
- How to access and create time-saving libraries
- The ease of importing files
Even if you've used Illustrator before, you will learn additional productivity gems in this thorough lecture. This knowledge will give you and your vector creations a strong foundation for success.
- Understand the Adobe Illustrator interface and best navigation processes.
- Correctly set up a document for specific projects
- Differentiate between selection tool options and use them efficiently
- Access and create custom groups and libraries
- Know the difference between placing and linking files
- Demonstrate your understanding of the course topics by passing the learning assessment
This course welcomes a beginning to intermediate range of learners, from those who have never opened the application to those that have experience with Illustrator but would like a refresher and new tips.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify essential Adobe Illustrator functions, including document setup, importing files, and navigation
- Summarize the best workflow for starting a project and file management
- Use selection tools that best suit particular needs
- Differentiate between color, font, brushes, shapes, texture groups, and libraries
This course is a demonstrative lecture with no activity submission requirements. There will be requests for participation and discussion, and handouts will be provided. Note-taking and questions are encouraged.
Technology Requirement: Have access to Adobe Illustrator on your device. Trial download information will be shared with enrolled learners before the start of the class.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.