Box Drive brings your entire Box folder tree to your desktop. All of the files you have on Box are accessible from your desktop Box folder. Your content is streamed directly to your desktop, so you can access all of your files without using much hard drive space. Box Drive includes a search feature that allows you to search all of the files you have stored in Box. And, Box Drive is integrated into Windows Explorer and Mac Finder so you do not have to access a separate application to access your files.
- Windows 7 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
Note: There are known issues with installing both Box Sync and Box Drive on the same machine. Uninstall Box Sync before installing Box Drive. To uninstall Box Sync, follow the instructions at Uninstalling Box Sync.
Install Box Drive
- Download the install package from the Box download page.
- Double-click the installation file named Box-x64.msi
- In the User Account Control box, click Yes.
- The software installs and prompts you to restart your computer. Click No.
- The software installs and opens the Box Log In window. Click Use Single Sign On (SSO).
- Type your Stanford email address in the form SUNetID@stanford.edu. Click Log In.
- On the WebAuth login page, type your SUNetID and password. Click Login.
- Box Drive launches. You can take a Take a Tour or you can go to Explorer and verify that all of your Box files have already been synced by Box Drive.
Search Box Drive
- In Explorer, type your search criteria in the Search box.
- In the results window, click the result that you want to view or edit.