Box Drive brings your entire Box folder tree to your desktop. All of the files you have on Box are accessible from your desktop Box folder. Your content is streamed directly to your desktop, so you can access all of your files without using much hard drive space. Box Drive includes a search feature that allows you to search all of the files you have stored in Box. And, Box Drive is integrated into Windows Explorer and Mac Finder so you do not have to access a separate application to access your files.
- Mac OS X 10.13 or higher
Install Box Drive
1. Download the install package from the Box download page.
2. Double-click the install package file called Box.pkg.
3. In the Install Box window, click Continue.
4. Follow the prompts in the install wizard to install Box Drive. When the installation is successful, click Close.
5. A pop-up window appears to sign into your Box account. Sign in with your Stanford email address (SUNetID@stanford.edu) and click Next.
7. On the Stanford Login page, type your SUNetID and password. Click Login.
8. If you are moving from Box Sync to Box Drive, you do not need to uninstall Box Sync. If you had any unsynced content, locally, prior to installing Box Drive, the Box Drive installer will create a folder called "Archived - Box Sync" where you can review these files and manually place them in Box, if you wish. If you do have unsynced content, you'll see a pop up message notifying you about this.
9. Box Drive launches. You can take a Take a Tour or you can go to Finder and verify that all of your Box files have already been synced by Box Drive.
Search Box Drive
1. In the Menu bar, click on the Box icon.
2. In the Search window, type your search criteria.
3. In the results window, click on the result that you want to view or edit.