Stanford provides basic document management and collaboration through Box.com. Box is an easy-to-use platform that you can log into with your Stanford credentials.
Box supports creation, management, and collaboration for documents that have been written in common desktop tools (for example, Microsoft Word, Excel), and includes a drag and drop interface and versioning.
- Single sign-on using your Stanford SUNet ID
- Individual permissions on folders
- Document version control
- Document sharing and collaboration with Box users within and external to Stanford
- Unlimited storage per user or workgroup
- Individual file sizes up to 15 GB
- Desktop folder synchronization with Box
- Encryption of files at Box and over the network
- Mobile clients for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows.
Faculty, staff, and students
A full-service SUNet ID.
- Stanford University Box: may only be used to store Low and Moderate Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
- Stanford Medicine Box: may be used to store all data types including Protected Health Information (PHI) or personally identifiable information (PII).
Eligible faculty, staff and students can go to stanford.box.com or stanfordmedicine.box.com, depending on affiliation. Click Continue and log in to WebAuth with your SUNet ID and password. A Stanford Box account associated with your Stanford email address (SUNetID@stanford.edu) will be automatically provisioned. You can have either a Stanford University or a Stanford Medicine Box account; you cannot be a member of both.
Self-help: Box Community & Help Pages