Box Sync is a utility that you download. It replicates folders within your Box account to your computer. Once you have selected folders through the Box web interface that you would like to replicate, you can create, edit, and delete documents directly through a Box Sync folder on your computer using your native applications (such as Microsoft Word or Excel). All changes automatically sync back to your online Box account.
- Mac OS X 10.10 or higher
Note: There are known issues with installing both Box Sync and Box Drive on the same machine. If you want to use Box Drive, do not install Box Sync. Learn more about Box Desktop Integration.
Install Box Sync
- Log in to Stanford University Box or Stanford Medicine Box, depending on your affiliation.
- Click the downward arrow next to your name in the upper-right corner of the window and then click Get Box Sync.
- Click the Box Sync button to download Box Sync for Mac.
- When prompted, click Save File.
- Double-click he Box Sync installer file (typically located in your Downloads folder) to run the installer.
- Drag the Box Sync.app icon to your Applications folder.
- Go to your Applications folder and double-click Box Sync.
- When the Box Sync log in dialog box displays, enter your your @stanford.edu email address and then click Log In.
- If a WebLogin screen is displayed, enter your SUNet ID and Password and then click Login.
- On the Welcome to Box Sync screen, click Start Syncing.
- The Box Sync dialog box displays the sync progress. A Box Sync icon () is added to the menu bar when the sync has completed.
- Go to your Box account at stanford.box.com or stanfordmedicinebox.com.
- To sync a folder to your computer, right-click the folder you want to sync and then click Properties > Sync to Computer.
- When prompted to confirm that you want to mark this folder so that it will sync to your computer, click Sync Folder.
- To access your Box folders on your computer, click the Box Sync icon in the menu bar and click Open Box Sync Folder.
- The synced folder appears in your Box Sync folder. Now, whenever you change or add content to the Box folders on your computer, the changes are automatically saved to you Box account.
- When you add or change content to synced folders in your Box account, the changes are automatically saved to your Box folders on your computer. Synced folders are indicated by an icon on the folder.