Stanford provides faculty, staff, and students a variety of computing resources and online services. A SUNet ID (an account name that identifies you as a member of the Stanford community) and password is required to access most of these services.
Another class of account, the sponsored SUNet ID, is available to anyone with a valid affiliation to current faculty or staff; a monthly charge applies. Yet another class of account, the Guest Account, is available for visitors to Stanford including conference attendees, collaborators, and colleagues at other institutions.
There are three tiers or "packages" of SUNet IDs:
- Base. Includes login ID and directory listing in StanfordWho.
- Full (sponsored). Base services and email, Web, file storage, and list services.
- Full (university-eligible). Adds free or discounted software to the services above.
Faculty, staff, and, students; affiliates; guests.
- A university ID number is required for faculty, staff, and students. Faculty and staff are assigned a university ID number upon hire. Students are assigned their university ID number upon acceptance to Stanford.
- Sponsored accounts must be initiated by a faculty or staff member with a current PTA and requisitions authority in Oracle Financials.
A computer user who has been authorized to use a password, or otherwise protected, account may be subject to both civil and criminal liability if the user discloses the password or otherwise makes the account available to others without permission of the system administrator.
- Full-service accounts: free of charge to faculty, staff, students.
- Guest accounts: free of charge
- Sponsored Accounts
To create a SUNet ID or to change your password, go to accounts.stanford.edu.
Submit a Help request.