Your SHC User ID (SID) or SCH network login provides access to many system resources. A Stanford University Network (SUNet) ID is required to access some Stanford University websites and applications.
Who needs sponsorship for a SUNet ID
If you are an employee of any of the following organizations and you require a SUNet ID, you will need to request SUNet ID sponsorship:
- Stanford Health Care (SHC)
- Stanford Children's Health (SCH)
- University HealthCare Alliance (UHA)
- Packard Children’s Health Alliance (PCHA)
- Care Counsel
- Valley Care
- Contractors at any of these organizations
SUNet IDs may be sponsored for up to one year. If you need SUNet ID services to continue beyond a year, you must request sponsorship again. You can check the status of your sponsorship by logging into Sponsorship Manager with your SUNet ID and password.
Note: You can access online materials from the Lane Library website with your SID or SCH network login; a SUNet ID is not required. To learn more about eligibility requirements, visit Who Can Use Lane.
How to request sponsorship
Follow the directions below to request SUNet ID sponsorship.
- Gather the following information:
- Legal full name
- SHC User ID (SID) or SCH network login
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Reason SUNet ID is required
- Your SUNet ID (If you have one)
- Take one of these steps:
- Complete the online request for SUNet ID sponsorship, or
- Call the UIT Service Desk and provide the Service Desk representative with the information that you gathered:
- Stanford Health Care, University HealthCare Alliance (UHA), Care Counsel, Valley Care: (650) 724-4357 / 4HELP
- Stanford Children's Health and Packard Children's Health Alliance (PCHA): (650) 725-4357 / 5HELP
- Learn about recent changes to SUNet ID eligibility and how to keep your SUNet ID active
- SUNet IDs in Detail
- Rates to sponsor a SUNet ID
- Accounts and Access
- Check the status of your sponsorship by logging into Sponsorship Manager with your SUNet ID and password.