Wiring and Construction Services Move to a Simplified Request Process
Beginning July 5, we're moving our wiring and construction services to a more modern ordering system to streamline your ordering experience.
University IT's (UIT) wiring and construction services offer construction design and project management for certain projects, as well as the maintenance and management of the university's cabling systems, service vault infrastructure, and underground conduit systems.
How the transition will impact ordering
- Wiring and construction ordering forms will be offline from 5 p.m. on July 5 through 2 p.m. on July 8. During this planned downtime, you will not have access to request new or manage existing wiring and construction orders. Emergency orders can be placed by submitting a Help request.
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. on July 5, 2023, should be submitted through OrderIT. These will be processed in the order they are received. If you have questions about an existing order placed before the transition, submit a Help request.
What to expect after the transition
Here are some changes you’ll see starting July 8 when you order, change, or cancel wiring and construction services:
- New orders placed after 2 p.m. on July 8 must be submitted through the new ordering system. Visit Request New Wiring and Construction Service to learn more.
- Changes to existing services will need to be submitted in the new ordering system. Visit Change or Cancel Wiring and Construction Service to learn more.
- New “Add” and “Change or Cancel” buttons to help you quickly access the updated ordering forms will be available at the top of the new Wiring and Construction service page. If you’ve bookmarked the wiring and construction services ordering forms, you’ll need to update the URLs.
- Requests for wiring and construction services will require approval routing unless the requestor has the Request Approver role for the PTA/cost center being used for the order. Visit How to Request Authority for Ordering and Reporting to learn more.
Get a sneak peek
Visit the new Wiring and Construction service page and review the steps on How to Request New, Change or Cancel Wiring and Construction Service.
How to get help
If you need additional assistance, submit a Help request.