Goodbye Lynda, Hello LinkedIn Learning
On Monday, Feb. 4, University IT (UIT) upgraded Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning, which acquired Lynda.com, has the same great content but provides an even more personalized experience. And, it’s still free to you!
Now that the upgrade is complete, you will no longer be able to access Lynda.com — instead you will be redirected to LinkedIn Learning. Don’t worry, all your learning activity and history from Lynda.com was seamlessly transferred to LinkedIn Learning.
About LinkedIn Learning
With LinkedIn Learning, you’ll experience the same things you love about Lynda.com like:
- High-quality content: At the core of LinkedIn Learning is high-quality Lynda.com content. If you have favorite content on Lynda.com, don’t worry, it is still there!
- Comprehensive data and progress: Data, including groups, playlists, assigned content, account settings, and histories were automatically migrated.
- Learner course video page: All of the features and functionality of this page remains the same. This includes transcripts, exercise files, mobile viewing, and bookmarking.
You’ll also experience many new and improved features including:
- A new, easy-to-use interface
- Personalized course recommendations
- Social curation, and more
Activating your LinkedIn Learning account
Current Lynda.com users received an email from LinkedIn Learning on Feb. 5 with a link to activate their LinkedIn Learning accounts. If you are not a current Lynda.com user or did not receive an email, simply visit our LinkedIn Learning service page to learn more and log in. Here are some tips to successfully activate your account and begin enjoying LinkedIn Learning:
- For the very best user experience, log out of your LinkedIn account prior to activating your LinkedIn Learning account.
- After clicking the link to activate your account: If you are not already authenticated with your SUNet ID, you will be directed to the Stanford login page, where you can enter your credentials. If you are already logged in with your SUNet ID, you will be directed to your LinkedIn Learning account.
- Upon activation, you will have the option to connect your LinkedIn profile or create a separate Learning account during activation. If you choose to connect your LinkedIn profile, you’ll receive benefits such as personalized recommendations for your skills and position, as well as what’s trending on LinkedIn Learning based on LinkedIn data. This will give you a learning experience that’s tailor made for your needs.