Certified Scrum Master Workshop
In this experiential workshop, you will learn scrum by doing scrum. You will become familiar with the principles and practices of scrum. You will build skills needed to be a member of a high performing, continuously improving, self-organizing scrum team.
This two-day workshop leads to certification as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance. The workshop pricing includes the associated certification fees for each attendee, as well as a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance.
Following the workshop, attendees will need to take an openbook online exam on the Scrum Alliance website to complete their certification.
The training, which is open to faculty, staff, and students, takes place February 21 & 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Polya 170B.
The specific initial agenda for the workshop will be arrived at by agreement between your organization and Agile Learning Labs. Over the course of the workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to influence the addition of elective topics in order to maximize the value created in the workshop. Attendees will take part in experiential exercises and simulations designed to teach:
- The power of self-organization
- Estimation and story sizing techniques
- Sprint planning
- Release planning
- Using retrospectives to continuously improve
- How to conduct brief and effective stand-ups
- How to maximize business value delivered
- Roles and responsibilities on a scrum team
- Scrum master and product owner roles
- The product backlog: user stories, prioritization, and backlog grooming
- Creating and applying a 'definition of done'
- Working with agile requirements, specifications, and documentation
- Agile metrics and tracking tools such as task boards and burn charts
By the end of the workshop, attendees will have experienced the key roles, responsibilities, interactions, tools, and processes of scrum. The workshop itself is delivered as a series of sprints, naturally reinforcing the scrum concepts being taught.
Note that for a participant to be eligible for certification by the Scrum Alliance, the participant must attend both days of the workshop in their entirety.