In this experiential Course, you will learn scrum by doing scrum. Become familiar with the principles and practices of scrum, build skills needed to be a member of a high performing, continuously improving and self-organizing scrum team.
This course will equip you to take the PSM (Professional Scrum Master) exam.
Over the course of the workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to influence the addition of elective topics in order to maximize the value created in the course.
- The power of self-organization
- Estimation and story sizing techniques
- Sprint planning
- Release planning
- Using retrospectives to continuously improve
- How to conduct brief and effective stand-ups
- How to maximize business value delivered
- Roles and responsibilities on a scrum team
- Scrum master and product owner roles
- The product backlog: user stories, prioritization, and backlog grooming
- Creating and applying a 'definition of done'
- Working with agile requirements, specifications, and documentation
- Agile metrics and tracking tools such as task boards and burn charts
- Course Overview
- Agile Way of Thinking
- Other Agile Frameworks
- Scrum Events and Artifacts
- Scrum Roles
- Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring and Continuous Improvement
- Team Agreement
- Adopting Agile
- Agile Adoption guidance to Individuals
Structured Activity/Exercises/Case Studies:
Exercise 1 - Marshmallow Challenge
Exercise 2 - Fruit Sizing
Exercise 3 - Airplane Exercise