In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Zoom is both a practical and convenient tool for scheduling and conducting online meetings. Remote team members can easily use Zoom for interactive and productive meetings.
This session for Zoom beginners discusses and describes various key Zoom features that are frequently used for conducting effective meetings. Discover how to easily facilitate remote communications, interaction among meeting participants and the sharing of information and documents while using Zoom.
Topics covered in this online session include:
- Overview -- What is Zoom?
- Logging in with your Stanford account from a browser or the Zoom app
- Updating your Zoom Profile
- Your Personal Meeting ID and Meeting Link
- Scheduling a meeting
- Meeting settings
- Tips for conducting and interacting in a meeting
- Audio/Video setting
- Virtual backgrounds
- Managing the participant list
- Navigating the chat -- Public vs. Private
- Screen sharing and annotation
- Meeting etiquette
- Meeting recording
- View / download / share recording of meeting
- View / update captions provided by Zoom
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.