Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
When surveying users, it is important to know the basics of survey science. In this lecture setting, learn tips and best practices of survey design to get the information you need.
- How to strategically plan your survey
- Understand the best practices for survey design
- Review collection techniques to get the best response rate
- Considerations when presenting the findings
- Determine which online tool is best for your survey
- Formulating the problem or question to be answered
- Determining the research approach
- Setting objectives for information collection
- Choosing a collection method (Qualtrics, Google Forms, or SurveyMonkey)
- Tips for good visual design
- Types of questions/response alternatives
- Pretesting and pilot testing
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Good question test - is it clear, easy answerable, unbiased?
- Collecting responses
- Improving response rates and retention
Analysis & Reporting
- Considerations when presenting the finds in charts and graphs
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.