Most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
Get the most out of Drupal by learning how to use the content management system that powers Stanford sites and another quarter-million sites around the world. Learn to create and edit content, along with how to apply tags, and manage menu navigation.
Content is King, as the saying goes. This class will teach you how to bring together the essential skills needed to manage content and make interacting with Drupal, effective, easy, and efficient.
- Basic content management workflows
- How to create, edit, archive, and delete content
- How to work with main menu navigation to help visitors find content
- How to implement content best practices for accessibility and good SEO
- Manage your assets using the media library
- How to add and display structured content like news, events, event series, and people
- How to apply tags and classification to content
Get started with content creation, formatting, and management using a mock site of a fictitious department. We will walk you through a basic content management workflow to allow you to become more familiar and help you build confidence in working with your own website!
With some content to work with, we will add classification to our content with tags and keywords (called taxonomy), and see how these features help our visitors (and us) easily find what they are looking for.
We will add content to our site using different paragraph types to deliver a rich experience to our visitors. We will play with the content editor formatting and styles to ensure visitors are not overloaded, and our new content doesn't get lost in the crowd.