Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course is designed for new users who wish to gain a foundational understanding of the Smartsheet collaborative environment.
Explore the basics of creating and managing work within a single sheet. You will be introduced to cell linking, reporting, and automated alerts and actions. You will explore the different Smartsheet views and how these views can maximize engagement and organization. You will also find out more about the many ways to collaborate inside of Smartsheet through sharing, sending, publishing, and update requests to internal and external collaborators.
Discover how Smartsheets can help increase work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for planning, organizing, managing, reporting, and automating work.
Students should have a basic knowledge of Excel.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Implement organizational best practices to increase readability
- Use the appropriate Smartsheet features to collaborate effectively
- Visualize your work by leveraging all the views in Smartsheet
- Maneuver Smartsheet environment by learning how to create and organize your work
- Organize work with hierarchies
- Edit columns to improve sheet functionality
- Increase efficiency with different formatting and viewing
- Centralize communication with the use of comments and attachments
- Create basic formulas
- Introduction to the views: Gantt, Calendar & Card
- Fundamentals of Project Management in Smartsheet
- Use update requests to obtain information from external collaborators
- Build conditional formatting rules to visually track updates and information
- Set up automated alerts and actions to notify collaborators
- Set row and sheet level reminders
- Send work via sending a row and sending a sheet
- Share work by inviting collaborators and assigning permission levels
- Print and publish sheets to allow greater audiences to view your work
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.