Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course will teach you how to use InDesign to organize your data using visual hierarchy and grid design. We will cover typography and graphic techniques to effectively guide your audience throughout the information.
You worked hard collecting your data. Would you like to learn how to present it so it gets the most attention it deserves? This course will not only teach you how to use InDesign, but how to organize your content using visual hierarchy and grid design. We will cover some typography and graphic techniques, as well as design elements and principles to guide your reader's eye throughout the information.
During this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn basic to intermediate Adobe InDesign skills.
- Develop an understanding of information hierarchy, proportion and emphasis
- Gain familiarity of the grid system for layout, as well as design elements and principles
- Review basic layout techniques and skills, including typography fundamentals
- Layout their own collected data or a sample provided by the instructor
- Adobe InDesign basic and intermediate capabilities and software terminology
- Information hierarchy
- Design elements and principles
- Grid system
- Basic typography
- InDesign workflow
- An installation of Adobe InDesign CC 2022, or a free trial license
- Paper and pencil for sketching
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.