Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Creativity meets technology in this basic InDesign session. During the class, we will cover how to produce page layout designs, including a magazine cover and a brochure.
Learners will have the opportunity to:
- Gain basic understanding about page layout
- Understand design concepts and develop critical thinking skills
- Utilize of all toolbars to create effective InDesign Projects
- Execute a page layout project
- Setting preferences
- The control panel
- Basic text attributes
- Use of frames
- Text styling
- Project: Create a business letter
One Page Documents
- More text attributes
- Kerning and leading
- Basic typography
- Setting up a document bleed
- Placing images
- Combining text and images
- Color swatches
- Project: Create a magazine cover
Multiple Page Documents
- Facing pages
- Layout and design
- Defining colors
- Placing text, photos, and illustrations
- Gradient swatches
- Drop shadows
- Text wrap
- Project: Create a tri-fold brochure
- Exporting PDFs
- Packaging files to send to a printer
Note: This class will be taught on Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud; Participants will be expected to have Adobe InDesign software on their device or via a trial license.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.