Most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
This introduction to Figma class will give you the skills you need for UI/UX design, rapid prototyping, brainstorming ideas, and building projects collaboratively, creatively and efficiently.
No formal course prerequisites are required, however a Figma account is required to enable access during the class.
- To learn the basics of UI/UX design and prototyping
- To learn how to use Figma to create interactive prototype designs collaboratively and creatively
- To learn the various components and tools within Figma to work efficiently and creatively
In this introductory class, the topics covered include:
- Intro to UX/UI design including wireframes and Journey Maps
- Creating new Figma files
- Creating Pages
- Working with Frames
- Staying organized using Layers
- Working with keyboard shortcuts
- Drawing and editing Shapes
- Adding and Formatting Text
- Working with Text Styles
- Working with Components
- Creating interactivity with Prototyping
- Importing and managing images
- Creating Buttons and Links
- Exporting and Sharing
- Working with the Figma Community