Learn the capabilities of Tableau report manipulation and visualization. This class is intended for end users, not developers.
Tableau is a business intelligence tool that allows anyone to easily connect to data, then visualize and create interactive, sharable dashboards. These dashboards are a collection of various views of the data, such as charts, graphs, or summary pivots.
By the end of this session participants should feel comfortable working with filters, tabs, sharing, downloading raw data, setting-up favorites, using pause, working with edit mode, and much more.
After a brief once-over of the interface, students will create and manipulate numerous visualizations of the sample data. This session will be a mix of walking through examples with the class and a series of exercises for the student to dig through the data and create a visualization that meets their needs. Activities and exercises will include but not be limited to:
- Working with filters across tabs
- Setting up subscriptions
- Sharing and downloading visualizations and raw data
- Working with the "pause" button
- Creating visualizations in edit mode
- Navigating between sites, projects, worksheets and dashboards
- Work with charts, graphs, maps and pivots