Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
In this beginning-level course, you will learn how to hit the ground running in Adobe Illustrator, including best practices for creating and setting up a document, selecting and navigating Illustrator, and creating a time-saving library.
Course Prerequisites: None
In this beginning-level course, you will learn how to hit the ground running in Adobe Illustrator. We will cover:
- The ins and outs of document setup
- Selection tools and how to use them
- How to navigate through the interface and customize it for your project needs
- How to access and create time-saving libraries
- The ease of importing files
Even if you've used Illustrator before, you will learn additional productivity gems in this thorough lecture. This knowledge will give you and your vector creations a strong foundation for success.
- Understand the Adobe Illustrator interface and best navigation processes.
- Correctly set up a document for specific projects
- Differentiate between selection tool options and use them efficiently
- Access and create custom groups and libraries
- Know the difference between placing and linking files
- Demonstrate your understanding of the course topics by passing the learning assessment
This course welcomes a beginning to intermediate range of learners, from those who have never opened the application to those that have experience with Illustrator but would like a refresher and new tips.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify essential Adobe Illustrator functions, including document setup, importing files, and navigation
- Summarize the best workflow for starting a project and file management
- Use selection tools that best suit particular needs
- Differentiate between color, font, brushes, shapes, texture groups, and libraries
This course is a demonstrative lecture with no activity submission requirements. There will be requests for participation and discussion, and handouts will be provided. Note-taking and questions are encouraged.
Technology Requirement: Have access to Adobe Illustrator on your device. Trial download information will be shared with enrolled learners before the start of the class.