University IT designed the Media Storage service to meet the needs of a pre and post-production video editing workflow. The service is a complete shared-storage solution that supports collaboration across Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X operating systems while supporting the broadest range of applications.
The storage service begins with consultation and gathering requirements. The Data Storage Services team will work with clients, vendors, and other Stanford IT organizations to create and/or coordinate the fastest, most secure, and most cost-effective solutions for each client's storage needs.
- High-performance storage systems optimized to enable collaborative workflows, providing faster and more cost-effective solutions for creation, management, processing, and delivery of content.
- File systems designed for fast streaming and a large dataset, with policy-based data management for automatic data tiering and protection across primary storage, extended online storage, and cloud storage.
- Seamless integration with leading public cloud storage vendors via its native data management software for virtually unlimited off-premise storage.
- Proven high-performance media editing solutions on a shared platform.
- High availability of enterprise storage systems with redundancy and flexibility to grow.
- Enterprise-level highly available infrastructure that balances reliability, cost, and performance.
- Provide end-to-end 16Gbps fiber channel network for maximum throughputs.
- Shared cost structure amortized over three years.
Current faculty, staff and departments.
Requirements will depend on the technology that will be used by clients.
May be used to store Low and Moderate Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office. This service does not support High Risk Data.
Rates are set as part of the design of the Media Storage service and will be specified in a custom Service Level Agreement. Media Storage Services is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s University IT billing statement.
- For support, please submit a HelpSU request.
- This service is centrally hosted in the University IT secure Datacenter and managed and supported locally by the University IT Data Storage and Network specialist team.
- Storage Solutions Summary Chart
- File and Data Storage: AFS
- File and Data Storage: Secure AFS
- File and Data Storage: File Storage
- File and Data Storage: Secure File Storage
- File and Data Storage: Custom Storage
- How to Get More Storage Space
Backup and Recovery Service for Servers (BaRS)