UIT Enterprise Technologies provides data backup and recovery services (BaRS) for servers. Once configured, the software automatically backs up your system to a central, secure storage facility at a specified time each workday.Backup data is stored in Cloud. If you accidentally overwrite or delete a file, you can recover it yourself using the client software. File recovery is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Fast backups of large datasets to local backup servers in the data-center.
- Backups of databases like Oracle, MS SQL using native database backup tools
- Ability to encrypt backup data at the client
- Secure communication between client and server using SSL
Current faculty and staff; departments.
Service subscription required.
- May be used to store Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
- High Risk Data requires the backups to be encrypted. Encryption must be enabled at the TSM client level by the System Administrator.
- UIT Enterprise Technologies strongly recommends that Moderate Risk Data also be encrypted.
To subscribe to BaRS, contact your local system administrator or LNA or use OrderIT. In the OrderIT request be sure to include as much information as possible, such as number of systems to be backed up, location, contact information, and name of the systems. The BaRS service is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s University IT billing statement. Software license fees and ongoing software maintenance are included.
For assistance or to learn more about BaRS, please submit a Help ticket.