Stanford Webex Dial-in Phone Number Changing
Effective Friday, April 15, 2022 after 5:00 p.m., the telephone number meeting participants use to connect to a Stanford Webex meeting will change. This change only affects participants who are connecting via telephone for the audio portion of the meeting. It does not impact participants who use the meeting-specific stanford.webex.com meeting link included in all Stanford Webex meeting invites.
The new number is 650.479.3208. It will be automatically added to any Stanford Webex meeting invites that you create after April 15.
This change will improve the audio quality of dial-in connections to Webex meetings hosted by Stanford.
What should you do for Stanford Webex meetings that were created prior to the change?
The existing number will automatically forward to the new number starting on April 15. However, it is best to be proactive about updating your meeting invites for meetings you scheduled before April 15 but take place April 15 or later, especially recurring meetings.
After April 15 or later, you can update your meeting invites by:
- Go to stanford.webex.com and log in using your SUNet ID and password.
- Click Calendar in the left navigation column.
- Click on a meeting you need to update.
- Click the edit icon (a pencil icon) at the top of the right column.
- Click Save.
An updated invite with the new dial-in phone number will be sent to all participants.
- Repeat this process for each future meeting you need to update.
Before April 15, you can:
- send an email to all the meeting participants letting them know that if they’ll be dialing in to the audio portion of the meeting, they should use the new number (650.479.3208)
Will there be a service disruption?
During the transition from the existing number to the new number, neither number will work for about a half-hour. However, we are making this change after business hours when there are typically very few Stanford Webex meetings scheduled. Meetings that use the stanford.webex.com meeting link will work normally during this period.
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions about this change, please submit a Help request.