Save the Date: Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to save the date for the Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival this October. Co-sponsored by Stanford’s Information Security and Privacy Offices, the festival aims to raise awareness and understanding about how to ensure our online lives are safe and secure.
The festival, themed “Defending the Human,” will include a variety of breakout sessions and workshops from different speakers and security leaders, with an overarching focus on online safety and end user protection based on security best practices.
Festival collaborators and sponsors: Information Security Office, University Privacy Office, Residential and Dining Enterprises, Stanford University Libraries, School of Engineering.
What’s in it for me?
The festival will provide value for students, faculty, and staff alike, including:
- Deepen your knowledge about the importance of cybersecurity and privacy to ensure that Stanford community have the resources to be more secure online
- Attend talks by subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Engage with team member’s from Stanford’s Information Security Office, University Privacy Office, security professionals from around the campus, as well as representatives from the Stanford students groups
- Learn skills at workshops called "villages" like lockpicking
- Win exciting prizes and raffles
What skill-building villages will the festival include?
The festival will include five different villages to help you hone your knowledge and skills about a variety of topics. Here's a look at what you can expect.
|end user village||it user village||academic village||privacy village||lock picking village|
When is the festival?
The festival will be offered in two locations on two different dates with similar information. The open-house style festival will allow you to move around as you please between exploring the expo area and listening to presentations.
- October 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the historic campus in Arrillaga Alumni Center
- October 31 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Stanford Redwood City (SRWC) campus in Cardinal Hall, Rooms 104 and 105
Please note, the presentations will differ in each location depending on speaker availability, and there will not be a student-focused area at the SRWC event.
How do I sign up to attend?
Information on how to RSVP is available at the Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival event website.
If you want to participate in the event as a presenter, coordinator or beyond, or if you have questions or comments, reach out to either Stacy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Bhavya Gupta at email@example.com.