Jira and Confluence are Moving to the Cloud
Note: This article has been revised to reflect the start time of the migration and the enhanced interface Jira feature.
Beginning May 19 at 7 p.m., Jira and Confluence services will leap to the cloud. The interface will look slightly different from what you see today, but you can still access all the same information and functionality.
This change is part of UIT’s Cloud Transformation Program, which focuses on adopting cloud technology solutions that are more scalable, cost-efficient, and resilient than current on-premise solutions.
What to expect
The new experience will include all the features and functionality you have today, plus more.
New Jira features:
- Native Roadmaps: track your team's progress in real-time by laddering work up to epic levels.
- Enhanced Interface: streamline your efforts with an improved look and feel.
- Insights: use data to monitor performance, work smarter, and drive continuous improvement.
New Confluence features:
- Simplified Collaboration: easily embed documents or videos, edit and collaborate on the same page, and access 100+ templates.
- Confluence Cloud editor: make engaging pages with dynamic content such as Jira issues, action items for your team, due dates, and more using live macros.
- Contextual Create: create, copy, and edit pages directly in the page tree.
What do you need to do?
How to get help