JIRA by Atlassian is the issue-tracking tool for bugs, enhancements, tasks, and change requests related to both production support and new system development.
- Track your work and break it down into manageable chunks
- Assign work to the right person
- Add statuses, priorities, comments, attachments
- Use add-ons
JIRA is available for use by any Stanford faculty, staff, department or business unit.
Must have an active SUNet ID
- Users will be configured with their SUNetID@stanford.edu for their account
Users will be added to enforce SSO policy
May be used to store Low and Moderate Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
Free of charge
Only centrally supported plug-ins will be renewed annually by UIT and they are limited to:
- Clone Plus
New Plugins will be purchased for the entire Jira user population at the expense of the project team who wants the plug-ins.
- Once purchased, the original project team will be responsible for ongoing financial support for the plug-in as long as they are using it.
To request setup and access for your group or department, please submit a Help request.
Users will be assigned to jira-user group for product access.
If not active for 18 months, they will be removed from jira-users group and lose access to Jira.
Projects role assignments will be at the discretion of the individual Project Administrators who managed access to their projects.
For new projects, users may select from 4 different templates.
Customizations to Project workflow are not available.
Project administrators must notify Jira Admins if the project will no longer be used so that project can be archived.
For assistance, please submit a Help request.