Accepting Payment Cards? Be Sure You’re Compliant
Whether you're just thinking about accepting payment cards — or need to fulfill the annual requirements — the newly updated Payment Card Industry (PCI) website will help you get started on your compliance journey.
More resources at your fingertips
On the PCI website, you'll find the resources and training you need to ensure the safety of your credit/debit card transactions, including the opportunity to learn about:
- Stanford Merchant’s compliance requirements
- New third-party service provider evaluation process
- Training requirements and course registration
- Stanford’s PCI compliance policies
- Resources including device inspection, approved service providers, PCI contractual language, and more
Why PCI compliance matters
If you’re thinking of accepting card payments or have already been for a while, it is important to ensure you are PCI compliant. All Stanford University merchants and organizations that process or store payment card data are responsible for protecting consumer data. Becoming PCI compliant ensures you meet policy requirements and will be able to mitigate the risk of a security breach, theft, or abuse of payment card data.
Get support from the University IT (UIT) PCI Compliance team
For guidance on getting started, questions, or to report suspicious activities, please submit a Help request.