Last Call For Slack Workspace Migrations
Are thinking about moving an existing Slack workspace into Stanford’s enterprise grid? If so, the time to prepare is now.
- Submit your workspace migration request no later than Friday, Dec. 9, 2022.
- Stanford’s final workspace migration is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022.
- After that, workspaces can no longer be moved into the Stanford Slack grid.
If you're unsure if your workspace is on the Stanford Slack grid, here's an easy way to tell. From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left. You'll see the message: "This workspace is part of the Stanford University organization."
Come over to the grid
Why join Stanford Slack? To start, the Slack enterprise grid connects multiple Slack workspaces with built-in compliance and security considerations. So you can easily connect with colleagues, even if you don’t share a workspace.
Migrating won’t change your workspace or channel names or URLs. And you’ll get all the features of the Pro version at no direct cost to you, plus 24/7 enterprise support. But remember, we’re fast approaching your final opportunity to make the transition.
Five years of workspace migrations
When we first rolled out Stanford Slack, our initial focus was on supporting the migration of established workspaces that were created organically by individual teams or departments. Over the past five years, we’ve continued to support these moves and have transitioned more than 600 workspaces to the grid.
If you are interested in migrating your workspace:
- Visit the Stanford Slack grid migration webpage to learn more about the process.
- Before Dec. 9, 2022, submit a request to migrate your workspace
- Work with the team to prepare for the Dec. 15, 2022, migration.
- Learn more about the Stanford Slack grid.
If you have questions, please submit a Help request to the Slack team.