Changing your wireless network at Stanford
When you register with one of the wireless networks at Stanford, your device may retain that network's SSID (Service Set Identifier) as the default network and connect to it whenever you're on campus. You can change the default network. This can be helpful if you belong to multiple groups and use more than one wireless network at Stanford.
- Click the wireless icon in the notification area.
- Select one one of the wireless networks listed.
- Check the box for Connect automatically and the click Connect. This automatically moves the network up the priority list.
Mac OS X
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar and then click Open Network Preferences. (Alternatively, from the Apple menu, click System Preferences > Network.)
- Select Wi-Fi in the left pane and then click Advanced.
- Under the Wi-Fi tab, drag from the list of preferred wireless networks in the center pane to reprioritize them. The network at the top has the highest priority.
For other devices
Refer to your device's documentation or search online for "prioritizing wireless networks" for your device.