Wireless access to the university's online resources is widely available across campus, including most academic and administrative buildings.
Throughout the main campus, including in the residences, the primary wireless Service Set Identifier (SSID) is listed as "Stanford." This network provides wireless access to faculty, staff, students, and sponsored guests. A low-bandwidth "Stanford Visitor" network is also available. See the Wireless Access for Stanford Visitors page for more information on wireless guest access.
Stanford also offers an "eduroam" SSID on the main campus. This network allows visitors from other colleges and universities to connect to it with the credentials of their home institution, provided that their institution also enables eduroam.
Current faculty, staff, and students; visitors from eduroam institutions, other visitors, and sponsored guests
- A SUNet ID, eduroam account, or wireless guest account
- A laptop with 802.11g or 802.11a compatible (Wi-Fi) wireless capability
- A smartphone or other wireless device such as an iPad
- A full-service SUNet ID is required to access the Stanford Secure network
Free of charge.
All wireless devices* must first be registered in the Stanford network database (NetDB) before they can connect to SUNet. Note for laptop users: even if you have already registered your laptop's wired Ethernet connection, you must also register your wireless connection.
- On-campus students should register through the Vice Provost for Student Affairs (VPSA) website.
- Faculty and staff: contact your LNA (Local Network Administrator) if you are unable to complete your registration through the Stanford Network Self-Registration (SNSR) system
- If you live off-campus or do not know your LNA, call the Stanford IT Service Desk at 5-HELP (650-725-4357).
To register the device, the LNA will need the MAC address of your wireless device (usually printed on a sticker on the device) and, if a laptop, the Host name of your Mac or PC.
*"Stanford's Visitor" wireless guest network does not require NetDB device registration.
For assistance, please submit a Help ticket.