Administrative Systems offers managed virtual servers as an alternative to managed physical servers. This service takes advantage of virtualization technology to host multiple virtual servers, each of which functions as a complete and independent server, on a single physical server.
For information on University IT virtual first policy, see the Guidelines page.
- Can be provisioned more quickly than physical servers.
- Uses less power and cooling, supporting university sustainability efforts.
- No need to purchase/refresh equipment.
- Selection of pre-configured sizes.
- 32 GB File Storage.
- 3 snapshots per virtual server at no additional cost.
Virtual Server is available by subscription which is charged monthly to your department’s University IT billing statement. To subscribe, submit a request through OrderIT.