1. Have the following information ready before placing an order:
- SUNet ID and password
- The version of the software you wish to obtain
- User’s department name
- User’s phone number
2. Go to the Stanford Software Licensing Webstore to place an order.
3. This will take you to a webauth form. Enter your SUNet ID and password. You will then arrive at the welcome page.
4. Click the applicable software tab from the menu bar above the welcome text. Then select the version, platform, and offering for student license, and hit “add to cart.”
5. In the cart, select the option: I am placing this order for myself. Then select “Check Out”.
6. Complete the series of questions in the order form. Input the information you prepared before you logged in. For the billing address, you can use your department address.
7. Note the billing information requires you to enter your University ID. You must enter the eight-digit ID with only ONE ZERO. For example, 09711111.
8. You will be asked to accept the End User Agreement (EULA) to proceed. By accepting the agreement, you are abiding by the terms and conditions associated with the software through Stanford Software Licensing.
9. Once you submit the order (“proceed with order”), and the order is approved, you will receive an email from Stanford University -- Software Licensing <firstname.lastname@example.org>. A link and instructions for downloading and installation will be provided.
10. To find your Activation Key/Installation Code:
- Log in to the webstore.
- On the top right-hand corner, click on the username for a pull-down menu.
- Pick “Your Account/Orders.”
- Look for the item, click on “View Details” and you will find the activation key.
11. You will see the charge in your student monthly statement.