Instructions to Successfully Use the Software Licensing Web Store
- Have the following information ready and obtain financial approval before you follow the link to “order” or to enter the Software Licensing Store:
- Your SUNet ID and password
- If you are purchasing for someone else, you must have ready the SUNet ID of the person for whom you want to purchase the software. They need to have logged in ("verified") to the store within the past year. (If they have not, tell them to go to softwarelicensingstore.stanford.edu , click on "log in" at the top right of the page, then log out again...).
- The version of the software you wish to obtain (example - for a mac or pc? - 32 or 64-bit?)
- Your account number (P-T-A-O), Project-Task-Account-ORG*, and information about who approves on that account (name, email, phone number). Before you place your order, you must contact the financial manager for the PTA to be charged and get their approval of your order. The charge will appear on the financial manager's IT Services statement.
- Your Principal Investigator (PI’s) information (name, email, phone number).
- Other information that’s specific to your various software purchases:
- Machine Name
- The operating system on the machine
- Type of machine - 32 or 64 bit?
- Location of Machine
- Stanford-owned or personally-owned
- HostID or IP address
- Log into the software licensing web store (http://softwarelicensingstore.stanford.edu) using your SUNet ID and password. Notice that the text in the upper right corner now reads “log out”.
- Click on the name of the software you wish to purchase on the bar above the welcome text. You will arrive at a box shot. Select that. You will be presented with various configurations and versions. Select the version you need and “add to cart.”
- In the cart, select whether you are purchasing for yourself or for some other eligible person who has previously logged into the store. If you select “I am placing this order on behalf of”, you will need to enter their SUNet ID in the space provided.
- Then select “Check Out”. This will take you through a series of questions. Input the information you prepared before you logged in. You will input information about your purchase, and about how it is to be billed. Once you submit the order (“proceed with order”), you will receive an email (from Stanford University-Software Licensing) that states the order is on hold until approved. (Note if you ordered for someone else, they also get an email.)
- After the order is approved, the person for whom the software has been purchased will receive an email with a link and instructions for downloading the software.
Our contact information
- Website: softwarelicensing.stanford.edu
- HelpSU Ticket: helpsu.stanford.edu/?pcat=softwarelicensing&dtag=inquiry
*If you are curious about which ORG, it’s the TASK ORG see www.stanford.edu/dept/pres-provost/budget/org/