The Disk-Based Replication service is a data protection solution for Stanford faculty and staff to backup data housed in the File Shares and NAS mounts provisioned as part of our File Storage or Server Disk Storage offerings. This solution does not use traditional agent-based backup or protocol. Disk-Based Replication can be offered at a substantially lower cost than our TSM-based Backup and Recovery Service for Servers (BaRS).
- Stores backup copies in Administrative Systems’ central and secure Data Center facilities.
- Enables quick recovery from hardware failures with backups that are kept online.
- Does not require any specific backup software installation.
Current faculty and staff; departments and workgroups.
- The Disk-Based Replication service has the same data security restrictions as File Storage and Secure File Storage for storing backup files.
- File Storage may be used to store Low and Moderate Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
- Secure File Storage may be used to store Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
The Disk-Based Replication service is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s University IT billing statement. The cost is based on the amount of File Storage required to store the backups. If you wish to subscribe to the Disk-Based Replication service, please submit a Help ticket.
For assistance, please submit a Help ticket.