Card Services provides video surveillance support for exterior and interior locations.
- Services available include planning, installation, and software maintenance for cameras and video recorders.
- Devices (cameras) are owned by the end user.
- Fixed and Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) Axis, and Bosch cameras and Dell servers running Camio software are offered.
- Initial programming, setup, and user training included. Clients requesting re-training or training of new users may attend classes offered periodically as needed, free of charge.
- Provides management of server upgrades.
- Projects are managed outside the standard service. If you have a new installation request please submit a HelpSU or contact Public Safety.
Administrative and academic departments
All camera systems must be reviewed and approved by Public Safety and comply with the Video Safety and Security Systems Standards.
Security policy is put forth by the university. The Card Services team will adhere to all security policies documented in the Stanford Administrative Guide. Please refer to the following link for any specific security policies related to systems administration: security.stanford.edu.
Cameras have a monthly subscription fee associated with them that covers the software maintenance on both the cameras and servers.
There is a separate storage fee for cloud storage. See Campus Card Service Rates Page.
Video support includes 24x7 system support. Critical outages will be responded to 24x7, non-critical outages will be handled during business hours. Individual camera issues will be responded to during business hours.