How do you know if you need to replace your card?
For those using Stanford ID cards for building access, determine if you need a new card:
- On the back of your ID card, at the bottom, is a number.
- If there is an “–E” in the number, (e.g., 6*123456-E) then you do not need a new card.
- If there is no “–E” in the number, (e.g., 123456, or 6*123456) then you do need a new card.
See card examples on the ID Card Swap FAQ page.
For card replacement
Submit a Help Ticket
- There will be no charge for the swapped card. If you have lost your card, you are responsible for the replacement cost of $25. If there are extenuating circumstances you’d like to present, please include that in the help ticket.
- If you would like a new photo, please submit it using the online photo submission link on the Campus Card Services page prior to going to the ID Card Office at Tresidder. You may also take a photo at the Card Office at Tresidder.
Temporary access cards
Temporary access cards will also be swapped. If you have temporary access cards without the “–E,” please submit a help ticket and the Card Services team will work with you to replace them.
Questions and feedback
Visit the Card Swap FAQ page for more information about your Stanford ID replacement.