Smartsheet Enterprise License at Stanford
Smartsheet is a cloud-based project management tool that provides enhanced sharing and collaboration capabilities in a simple spreadsheet-like interface. University IT recently acquired an enterprise license for the tool, and for a short time Smartsheet is available for use by Stanford community members free of charge.
Smartsheet provides a host of tools and templates to help streamline project and task management. Project managers can:
- take advantage of collaboration features to make status tracking and updating a breeze,
- collect and track data from distributed groups using interactive forms, and
- leverage robust reporting features to get sophisticated views of project and program data.
Free through October
University IT is offering use of Smartsheet to Stanford community members free of charge through October 2016. Anyone with a full-service SUNet ID can request a Smartsheet account and begin using the tool via a Stanford-specific URL that uses Stanford WebAuth (i.e., single sign-on) to authenticate users.
Beginning in November 2016, users will be charged a monthly fee for use of the software.
- Attend a Smartsheet demonstration at the UIT Tech Briefing on Friday, April 22, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in Turing Auditorium (111 Polya Hall). No registration required.
- Enroll in the Smartsheet Essentials class brought to you by UIT Technology Training, offered on Tuesday, April 26, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Visit the Smartsheet service page for more information about the tool and the Stanford enterprise license.