Help is on the Way: New Conference Room Support Pilot Improves Your Audiovisual Experience at SRWC
If your work depends on reliable conference room equipment at Stanford Redwood City (SRWC), help is on the way.
University IT (UIT) will launch a new conference room support pilot service for SRWC on September 3 designed to ensure that audiovisual equipment in conference rooms works properly, and to provide hands-on and timely help if something goes wrong.
Maintenance, troubleshooting, and onsite support
The year-long pilot covers approximately 300 conference rooms in Cardinal, University, and Academy Halls. Discovery Hall receives conference room support through the School of Medicine.
When the pilot launches, you can expect:
- Weekly room sweeps to check equipment and prevent issues, completed by three onsite UIT staff members in partnership with the UG2 Day Porters at SRWC, who provide services throughout the buildings.
- Detailed in-room documentation, including a hotline number, to supplement the quick start guides in each room.
- Pre-meeting support and consultation available upon request, if you are using a new room for the first time or managing a complex meeting.
- Remote or in-person support for active issues.
- Escalation by UIT staff of complex issues to vendor support, as needed.
Learn more — and let us know what you think!
Help us understand how you’ve found the conference room experience in SRWC so far by taking this pre-pilot survey.
We will also send several short surveys during the course of the pilot to SRWC staff to measure how the service is improving the conference room experience.
You can learn more about this pilot on the SRWC Conference Room Support website, which includes information on how to request help or a pre-meeting consultation.